Our unique SBR system can be installed in a single chamber tank, providing huge cost savings compared to any other SBR system on the market.
We deliver and install anywhere in the world.
Send us your project details and we will send you a quotation immediately.
If you already sell SBR systems or conventional sewage treatment systems then contact us today to grow your business and become our partner or local agent.
Special features are:
1. Tank Requirements:
- SBR equipment in kit form to install into any tank configuration [above or below ground]
- Can be installed in tanks with 1, 2 or 3 chambers of any shape [subject to minimum volumes]
- Systems can be installed in Concrete / GRP / Plastic tanks
- Kits can also be installed into existing tanks for upgrade works
- Simple installation requires no previous experience as kits are preassembled
- A low cost, high quality solution for tank manufacturers
3. Effluent Standards:
- SBR is a controlled process as wastewater is treated in batches – allowing for extremely high effluent quality
- Any effluent standard can be achieved with add on chemical dosing [P], UV, etc all easily added via the PLC
- Process control allows for designs to achieve any required effluent quality with denitrification, P reduction, UV, etc
- Designed to EN12566-3 and DWA/ATV design criteria
- Industry leading effluent and power consumption
- Simple modification of the process where necessary via the PLC
- Lower OPEX than many traditional processes [MBBR, etc]
- Easily transportable equipment kits, when comparing to fixed film equipment
How does a Clearfox SBR Watewater plant function?
SBR refers to sequential batch reactor. This technology is a controlled wastewater treatment process. Batches of wastewater undergo treatment in sequence. This control process allows each batch of wastewater to undergo treatment for any required time frame. This enables the achievement of any level of treatment as a result.
In brief, the typical steps in the SBR process are as follows:
The activated sludge treatment plant with SBR has an upstream coarse separator that serves as storage for the primary and secondary sludge and to buffer the inlet water. Sludge filling and Clearwater extraction are effected by means of airlift pumps. The plants control system recognises four main states in the Normal cycle.
- Filling phase: the sewage enters the first chamber and any large solids are retained. The filling pump then conveys waste water into the second chamber which is the biological reactor
- Purification/Aeration phase: the waste water is circulated in the SBR reactor using air fed in through the membrane plates and the bacteria are supplied with oxygen, thus supporting the actual biological treatment by microorganisms. Short aeration and rest [non-aeration] phases alternate and are controlled by the computer software. An activated sludge develops with millions of microorganisms which completely break down the wastewater.
- Sedimentation/settling phase: a rest phase follows. The live or activated sludge sinks (sedimentation) to the bottom of the water column. This allows a clarified water zone to form at the top of the reactor chamber.
- Clearwater Extraction phase: a Clearwater pump conveys the purified waste water that remains above the “Clearwater discharge point” to the plant outlet, lowering the water level in the reactor. The settled activated sludge is then transferred back into the first chamber and the process repeats with the next batch of wastewater.
A complete purification cycle takes approximately 7 hours
Energy-saving cycle: The purification cycle programme continues running unabated, but with a shorter aeration phase, which reduces the amount of energy required. Depending on the inlet quantity to the prechamber, the programme then decides fully automatically, whether the energy- saving cycle should continue, or whether it should switch back to normal operating mode.
Project: Food processing Factory
Description: Upgrade of inefficient system/equipment with SBR to reduce energy consumption
and increase OTR from 80-100 to 160-300 [kg/O2/hr]
Volume: 4,500m3/day [30,000PE]
Summary of Works: Upgrade of aeration basins with fine bubble aeration, stainless steel air manifold design, supply of variable speed blowers, design of process software
Outcome: Annual electricity savings of 29,000 euro/year, >80% maintenance saving compared to existing jet aerators, 466,560kg/yr. reduction in CO2 emissions
Example: SBR Kit 110m³/d, equiv. 750.e.
Basics: with electrical pumps, single reactor system Treatment kit for municipal wastewater (organic load 60g BOD5/d*p.e.) ~ 150 Liter/d*p.e.
Vol. max. 110m³/d, cycle volume ~25-30 m³ Reachable effluent parameters, depending on optimal conditions – cleaning performance (24h composite sample), nitrification: COD ≤ 75 mg/l
BOD5 ≤ 15 mg/l
AFS ≤ 30 mg/l
Ntot ≤ 25 mg/l
Powder coated control cabinet for indoor installation (1200x1000x300mm)
control unit with control program for each reactor separately, preset cycles, either manual or automatic operation, operating hours, optical and acoustic control system, alarms for overload, underload and network failure detection (option). Optional alarm relaying possible by SMS. As written in detail description of the process.
1 E-device for filling a’ ~30m³/h (under consideration of required feed height, max. 6m)
1 E- device for secondary sludge ~8m³/h (under consideration of required feed height, max. 6m)
1 E- device for Clearwater a’ ~30,0m³/h (under consideration of required feed height, max. 6m)
Hose connections for all pumps, 10-20 meters each (limited!)
Installation material for all pumps (for concrete tanks)
2 x Site channel blower, less maintenance oil-free, integrated exhaust and intake, for installation in the house EN 60034,
IP 54, ~12,5 KW, 400VAC, 3 ~. Made in Germany.
Energy saving / and optimal operation by high quality level pressure sensors
complete prefabricated aeration system, distribution line and pipes made of polyethylene with high-quality EPDM membranes with special hole pattern for fine bubbling
(according to 150m³ bioreactor volume with max. water-level 4,0m)
All fittings, clamps and fasteners for installing the components in the concrete tanks for the aeration system.
Installation instruction, user manual and system drawings after receipt of order
* System requirements: a pre-screened water stream (<3mm solid content). The on-site tanks must be according to the requirements specified and the comply to the necessary kit dimensions and calculations. We need to receive the exact measurements from the customer. The technical room must be situated nearby the reactor tank
Required tank volumes:
Buffer/Prechamber/Baffle walls seperation = 150m³ (Waterdepth ma. 4,0m), ~3months Sludge-storage
Biological reactor = 150m³
On site services in accordance with separate instructions / commissioning by Contractor as follows:
- Supply and install concrete tanks in accordance with drawing and design of PPU
- Required pipe in the tanks and to connect the equipment in separate watertight housing
- The rest of the data, please refer to the enclosed checklist for the client
- Screen the wastewater to <3mm , if the sludge goes directly to a composting area (plastic removal)
- Pumping station if necessary because wastewater cannot flow via gravity
- Electricity for control cabinet 400VAC/50Hz/3~ (L1/L2/L3/N/PE) ~30kW